Sunday, December 6, 2009

Supercar - Highvision



I'm listening to "Highvision" by Supercar all the way through for the first time. I don't think I should be drinking beer for this but I've already started and I can't really stop.

I just got to "Storywriter" and I really love the way I can barely remember the first two tracks and this song just came in with its awesome hook. The first two songs weren't bad, I just don't quite remember them. Another album I can think of that works this way is "I Can Feel the Heart Beating as One" by Yo La Tengo which basically has a short instrumental for the first track, then a long jam for the second track, then a single for the third track. I'm excited about this way of starting out an album.

I'm also drinking Olympia beer. (ADVERTISEMENT)


Basically "Highvision" by Supercar is an incredible collection of all the best emotions a person can feel recollected with synths and ambience. A good album to listen to when you really need to figure out where you're at in life.

Also holy crap the textures going on in "I"; it's like my head is a popsicle and this album is lickin' me.