Friday, December 18, 2009

soda claus

At work "One Christmas Catalogue" by Captain Sensible came on which was kind of weird for my store to be playing.



Also I realized I like "Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney more than the overly war-hamfisted "Happy Xmas (War is Over)" by John / Yoko / Plastic Ono Band. "Wonderful Christmas Time" seems like the laziest Christmas song that went farther than originally planned which is a great model for just about anything.



"Last Christmas" by Wham! is pretty great and there are more than 400 covers dang. I was in Quiznos eating Broccoli & Cheese soup and a Steak Melt Sammie and I was thinkin' about collecting a bunch of the covers, isolating the line "once bitten and twice shy / I keep my distance but you still catch my eye" 'cause that's where a bit of a falsetto comes in and I wanted to see how many people changed it or whatever but then I got real angry because I'm frustrated about things like this. I'm kinda tired of themed Tumblrs or videos compiling every usage of a fake computer imaging/magnifying sequence in a TV show or whatever. I shouldn't be, but I've been way too happy lately and it's creeping me out so I'm being irrational and overly opinionated to keep myself on my toes.



"Mykonos" by Fleet Foxes came on during the last hour at work. Nobody comes in during that last hour usually and I was done with everything I had to do for the night so I mimicked with the Green-cheeked Conure for a while and wore a respirator 'cause Timothy Hay makes me super sneezy and I tried to wake a cat up by looking at her and whisperin' her name but I guess she's a heavy sleeper or can't hear whispering in her cat dreams or something.

No comments: