Saturday, May 24, 2008

Music from the work radio, pt. 1

This is something I'll be doing every so often. Sometimes the work radio (more like a single track data CD that we change every so often, but work radio flows better) plays some pretty good songs in between all the kitschy instrumental music and Jon Secada. This is a collection of all the songs I can remember strongly, whether I like them or not. I'll make sure it's obvious.


Sting - "If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free": Sting and Sega CD quality video combine and I do not know how to feel.



The Highwaymen - "Silver Stallion": I love this dang song so much. Incredible lyrics, music that seems to wrap all around you, and there's just this awesome marriage of melancholy in a strong character that I'm all for. I'll admit, I'm all for when some tough guy admits they love the smell of grass in the spring. That is what I am all for. Also: any song that uses "thunder and lightning in her thighs" in such an honest and modest way has more than it knows going for it.

So only two songs right now, but heck if I can remember anything anymore. I make all these posts drunk.

No comments: